ALFAMED increases the amount of vitamin D in your body. It means the calcium and phosphate levels will increase in your body.
ALFAMED is used to treat diseases in which is needed to adjust the amount of calcium in the body. It is used to treat:
- Bones changes caused by kidney failure (osteodystrophy).
- Parathyroid glands changes. It is a small gland located in the neck. They generate the substance called parathyroid hormone. It changes the amount of calcium in the body.
- These glands can cause the amount of calcium in the blood will be too high (hyperparathyroidism).
- These glands can cause the amount of calcium in the blood will be too low (hypoparathyroidism).
- Softening and deformation of bones due to lack of calcium (rickets or osteomalacia).