CEFIMED contains an active substance called cefixime which belongs to a group of antibiotics called cephalosporins.
CEFIMED is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. It includes infections:
- Ear infection;
- Nose infection, sinus infection (sinusitis);
- Throat infection (such as tonsillitis, larynx);
- Upper and lower airways infection (such as tonsillitis, larynx);
- Urinary tract infection (such as bladder inflammation, urinary tract and kidney infection) including treatment for uncomplicated gonorrhoea;
- Infectious inflammation of the gallbladder and/or biliary tract.